Date: Saturday 07 March 2020
Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm
Giant lemons as sweet as syrup and seafood fresh from the fisherman’s net are synonymous with the cooking of Amalfi.
On this course you’ll learn some of the stand out dishes from the Caldesi book ‘The Amalfi Coast – a collection of Italian recipes’. Using ingredients that showcase the best of the Amalfitan larder you’ll prepare authentic, seasonal dishes that delight.
Fresh flavours, simplicity and complimentary combinations are the watch words as you create authentic Amalfi on a plate. The only thing we can’t guarantee is the sunshine and sea views!
Following your busy morning of culinary creation you’ll sit down in the restaurant and enjoy your dishes with a glass of wine to match.
- Mozzarella in carrozza - Deep fried mozzarella sandwiches
- Crispy battered squid
- Lemon ravioli in butter and mint sauce
- Lemon chicken
- Pesce all’acqua pazza - Fish in crazy water
- Slow-roasted Florence fennel with thyme
- New potato and lemon salad
- Chocolate and almond cake from Capri with Amaretto cream
Class sizes are kept small @ 'Caldesi in Campagna', book early to avoid disappointment!
- Combination of hands-on cooking & demonstrations
- Meal (dishes prepared during the class)
- 2 drinks with the meal (this would include wine, beer and soft drinks)
- Your own cotton apron to take home
- Full recipe pack (via email within 48 hours after the class)